If you have an iOS device (iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch), you can set up your email account to receive emails on that device.
With iOS devices, you can use either the Mail application, that comes with the phone, or the Outlook for iOS application, available from the App Store. It is recommended to use Outlook for iOS, as this is designed with Office 365 in mind.
Add your Email Account (Mail Application)
- Open your Settings App
- Select Passwords & Accounts
- Select Add Account
- Select Exchange
- Enter your email address and a description for the account
- Press Next
- When prompted to Sign In with Microsoft, select Sign In
- Enter your Office 365 Password
- When prompted Accept the permissions request
- Select the items you want to sync to the phone
- Press Save
NOTE: Your phone will need some time to be able to download the settings for the mailbox and start downloading data. It may take a few minutes for data to appear.
If your Office 365 Administrator has disabled you from consenting to apps accessing company data, you will not be able to complete the permission request and adding the account will fail.
Add your Email Account (Outlook for iOS)
Before you can use the Outlook for iOS application, you must install it from the App Store on your device. Click on the Outlook icon to be taken to the App Store Page for the application.
If it’s the first time you are using the application, you will automatically be taken to the account setup screen.
- Open the Outlook for iOS Application
- Click on the Account icon (or Home icon) to open the Menu
- Select the Settings Cog
- Select Add Email Account
- Enter the email address of the account you want to add
- Enter your password when prompted