Call Queues allow you to route a PTSN call to multiple users or hold calls until a user can answer.
You will need to first create a Resource Account for the Call Queue. You must also have either Business Voice or Enterprise Voice services assigned before you can create a Call Queue.
Create a Call Queue
You can create Call Queues in the Teams Admin Center.
- Log into your Teams Admin Center at https://admin.teams.microsoft.com
- Go to ‘Voice > Call Queues’
- Select Add
- Provide the required details for your Call Queue:
- Call Queue Name – This is the name users will see when answering these calls
- Resource Account – Allows calls to be routed to the Call Queue
- Greeting – Provide a audio file to be played to callers before ringing with users. If not specified, it will go straight to ringing users.
- Music on Hold – The music file played when callers are held in the queue.
- Call Answering – The users and/or groups of users that the queue will attempt to ring on. Also specifies how it will attempt to route to users:
- Attendant Routing – All users will ring at once
- Serial Routing – Will route to users down the list of users
- Round Robin – Will attempt to balance calls between all the users
- Call Overflow Handling – What happens when too many calls are in the queue at a single time.
- Call Time Out Handling – What happens to calls when they have been waiting for too long.